Thursday, August 17, 2006

My plan is to make it to Winamucca, NV but I don’t arrive there until 11pm. Every room in town is booked…some event is going on. I decide to fill up and continue west to Elko. I spent the next two hours kinda in a daze. My whole world consisted of only what I could see in my headlight and the lights on my Speedometer. I knew nothing else was out there except the pavement stretching out in front of me. Finally Elko’s lights show up on the horizon. At first it looks like everything here is going to be booked also when I find out the Motel 6 that has a few rooms left. I check in, unpack and fall asleep.

I get a late start the next morning, didn’t leave until 9am. I turn north on Hwy 95 and head for the Idaho border. It’s cool and the traffic is light. I get about 20 miles up the road when I pull off on a off ramp that leads to nowhere and parked. I like to stop after the first 20 or 30 miles to make adjustments to my load and check to make sure everything is riding OK. This is also when I notice the down pour to the north west. Eckkk!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home